Nasher Summer Institute for Teens 2017
June 19, 2017 - June 23, 2017
10 am – 4 pm
Meet other students who love art, work with artists and get advice from professionals in the art community.
The Nasher Summer Institute for Teens is a week-long program that exposes students to many aspects of museums and the art world. Teachers may nominate students who have completed grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 in 2017. All applicants must be teacher-nominated.
Participants can expect:
- In-depth learning experiences with artworks in the Nasher Collection.
- Sessions with a variety of art-world professionals, including educators, gallerists, conservators and designers.
- Hands-on projects focused on artistic process with practicing, professional artists.
- Visits to selected museums and galleries.
Application deadline is April 21, 2017. Please apply electronically using the form below. Up to 30 students will be accepted. Finalists will be selected by Nasher staff and will be notified of their acceptance by April 27, 2017. Tuition for accepted participants is free of charge, and includes art supplies, meals, and a transportation stipend.
An ideal candidate:
- Shows strong interest in pursuing a college degree or career in art history or studio art.
- Is an active participant in your classes who often goes beyond basic requirements.
- Has independent interests and incorporates his/her unique vision into projects.
- Has a positive attitude and works well with other students.
With questions, please call 214.242.5180 or email Lynda Wilbur lwilbur@NasherSculptureCenter.org.
Support for this program provided by Jackie and Peter Stewart.