Summer Institute for Teens 2019
Nasher Sculpture Center and The Warehouse
June 10, 2019 - June 14, 2019
10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Meet other students who love art, work with artists and get advice from professionals in the art community. Teachers may nominate students who have completed 10-12th grade.
Who can be nominated?
Students who have completed grade 10, 11, or 12 may be nominated for the Summer Institute for Teens.
An ideal candidate:
- Shows a strong interest in pursuing a college degree or career in studio art or art history
- Is interested in sculptural processes and concepts
- Is an active participant in class who often goes beyond basic requirements
- Contributes to class conversations and works well with other students
- Has independent interests and incorporates their unique vision into projects
The 2019 Summer Institute for Teens will include:
- In-depth learning experiences with artworks at the Nasher Sculpture Center and The Warehouse
- Sessions with art-world professionals
- Hands-on projects led by professional artists
- Time for students to share work they’ve created with fellow students
- June 10, 11 and 12 will take place at The Warehouse.
- June 13 and 14 will take place at the Nasher Sculpture Center.
- Nomination deadline is April 12, 2019.
- Up to 25 students will be accepted. Finalists will be selected by education staff from the Nasher Sculpture Center and The Warehouse, and will be notified by April 22, 2019.
- Tuition for accepted participants is free of charge, and includes all supplies, meals, and a transportation stipend.
For questions, please call 214.242.5184 or email Lynda Wilbur at firstname.lastname@example.org